Recent rains have the fish on the bite!
The main push of spring fish is coming to an end and the winter fish have dropped back into the system and are starting the spring spawn. The river is full of fish for the entire 14-mile float, and the water levels should continue to hold for the next couple of days while the sun shines. Rain is forecast for the middle of the week and should keep the fish on the bite.
Yarn balls and beads are most effective at this time and should be the go-to for the remainder of the season. Good luck out there and tight lines.
Dear guest past and present,
The Yakutat Lodge was owned and operated by Ken Fanning from 1980 to 2016 and is now under new ownership. The Fanning family established one of the finest fishing experiences found anywhere in the world. We are pleased to announce that the lodge is in good hands with the new owner, Dr. Donald Stamper a longtime patron. He and his family decided to purchase the lodge to keep this fishing experience alive. The new General Manager, Tim Burke, is a longtime friend of the family. His goal is to make this fishing experience one to remember.
Since arriving at the lodge, our first order of business was to ask ourselves “what can we do to improve your fishing experience and what can we do to improve your time here in Yakutat, Alaska?”
We know you’re coming to Yakutat to fish and that is our number one priority. Because of this, we sent all of our Halibut boats to Juneau to be refurbished with new interiors, new rigging and new motors. Our vision is to provide the best equipment and guides in the business.
When your not fishing, the comfort of your trip is important to us. So recently we obtained brand new Serta Perfect Sleepers to make your nights as enjoyable as your days. Coming this season, we will introduce a new kitchen complete with a new menu including delicious healthy choice options.
We believe it’s the little things we can improve on, like the fishing rod and reel you have in your hand and the towel in your hotel room. We hope that you will continue this tradition by choosing Yakutat as your fishing destination year after year and generation after generation.
Scott Stamper V. P. Business Development
Stamper Family L.L.C.
If you have any questions you can visit our website www.yakutatlodge.com or contact the lodge directly by phone at 1-800-YAKUTAT (1-800-925-8828) or email email@example.com.
The Yakutat Lodge is sponsoring the Sportsman’s News Outdoor Writing Contest in 2017. Contestants will be submitting publications throughout 2017 for the chance to win a five-night guided fishing excursion at the newly updated Yakutat Lodge in Alaska. The winner will be joining a team from Sportsmen’s News for an all-expense paid experience of a lifetime.
The Yakutat Lodge looks forward to reading and featuring monthly publications of each finalist on their social media streams. We are complete supporters of sharing the different scopes of outdoor adventure and experience.
Below are the details of the contest and how to submit an entry. To contact Sportsmen’s News for more details head to their website https://www.sportsmansnews.com/outdoor-writing-contest/.
RULES AND HOW TO ENTER
Grand Prize Package
• One lucky winner will be chosen to join the Sportsman’s News Team on a 5 night and 4 full guide days, plus 2, ½ days guided fishing trips for Steelhead at The Yakutat Lodge in Yakutat, Alaska. The trip will take place during the summer of 2018 and with prime fishing dates. The winner will be responsible for airfare to and from Alaska as well as lodging and meals while en route.
• Contest will run from January 1st, 2017 through December 31, 2017, with up to 2 stories selected each month and published in the Sportsman’s News printed and/or digital publication. One grand prize winner will be selected from those whose stories have been published during the contest period. The winner is randomly selected through a drawing basis and will be notified via e-mail.
• Every published entry will receive a knife from Outdoor Edge and will be entered into the grand prize drawing.
• E-mail stories and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Stories should be between 900 and 1500 words and be sent as an MS Word document or pasted into an e-mail.
• Photos should be high-resolution JPG’s, TIF’s or PDF’s: if you have any questions regarding photos call (435)865-1680.
• Stories without photos will not be considered for publication or contest entry.
All stories may be edited for content and size. Published articles and photos become property of Sportsman’s News. All prizes are provided by Sportsman’s News Inc. Must be 18 years of age to win the grand prize.
All entries must include author name, address and phone number to be considered for publication. Sportsman’s News will not confirm receipt of entries.
World Class Fishing At Its Finest~ The Yakutat Lodge Alaska
Phone (907) 784-3232 or 1-800-YAKUTAT (925-8828)/ Mobile (907) 602 2853