The Yakutat Lodge is sponsoring the Sportsman’s News Outdoor Writing Contest in 2017. Contestants will be submitting publications throughout 2017 for the chance to win a five-night guided fishing excursion at the newly updated Yakutat Lodge in Alaska. The winner will be joining a team from Sportsmen’s News for an all-expense paid experience of a lifetime.
The Yakutat Lodge looks forward to reading and featuring monthly publications of each finalist on their social media streams. We are complete supporters of sharing the different scopes of outdoor adventure and experience.
Below are the details of the contest and how to submit an entry. To contact Sportsmen’s News for more details head to their website https://www.sportsmansnews.com/outdoor-writing-contest/.
RULES AND HOW TO ENTER
Grand Prize Package
• One lucky winner will be chosen to join the Sportsman’s News Team on a 5 night and 4 full guide days, plus 2, ½ days guided fishing trips for Steelhead at The Yakutat Lodge in Yakutat, Alaska. The trip will take place during the summer of 2018 and with prime fishing dates. The winner will be responsible for airfare to and from Alaska as well as lodging and meals while en route.
• Contest will run from January 1st, 2017 through December 31, 2017, with up to 2 stories selected each month and published in the Sportsman’s News printed and/or digital publication. One grand prize winner will be selected from those whose stories have been published during the contest period. The winner is randomly selected through a drawing basis and will be notified via e-mail.
• Every published entry will receive a knife from Outdoor Edge and will be entered into the grand prize drawing.
• E-mail stories and photos to email@example.com.
• Stories should be between 900 and 1500 words and be sent as an MS Word document or pasted into an e-mail.
• Photos should be high-resolution JPG’s, TIF’s or PDF’s: if you have any questions regarding photos call (435)865-1680.
• Stories without photos will not be considered for publication or contest entry.
All stories may be edited for content and size. Published articles and photos become property of Sportsman’s News. All prizes are provided by Sportsman’s News Inc. Must be 18 years of age to win the grand prize.
All entries must include author name, address and phone number to be considered for publication. Sportsman’s News will not confirm receipt of entries.
World Class Fishing At Its Finest~ The Yakutat Lodge Alaska